Wednesday, March 31, 2010

IKEA!!! - Day 3, Part 3

IKEA was definitely an adventure.  I got a lot of good stuff at prices that made it worth the hour and twenty minute train and bus ride, but hopefully I remembered to buy everything I needed, so that I don't have to make that trip again. The train ride was easy from the Hauptbahnhof in the center of town, but it brought us to a small little town somewhere south of Munich, where we had to catch a bus to actually get to the store.

IKEA is such a big attraction that it gets its own bus route:


Emily and Gabrielle.


In the back: Chester and me.  In the front: Kathryn and Ellie.



Emelie and Shelby.


We bought A LOT of stuff:


The great silverware exchange!

Waiting 20 minutes for the next train because we missed the last one by about 30 seconds = not fun.
Posted 
by Picasa

My new and improved room, after the addition of my IKEA purchases:
It's a bit more cheerful now :) 


and hopefully I can cook a bit!

The one thing I know I forgot at IKEA: tupperware.  Guess I'll have to pay the big bucks and buy it in the city...or just eat until I have no leftovers, but that's probably not the best idea.

Another good day.  Tomorrow we're going on a "Raetselrally", which translates to some kind of brainteaser-rally.  Maybe a scavenger hunt around the city - I know someone mentioned that we would be doing one of those eventually.  Guess I'll find out tomorrow!  For now though, SLEEP!

2 comments:

  1. A couple of your pictures aren't working... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm that's weird - I'm pretty sure they were working last night. Hopefully I just fixed it. How are you supposed to add photos after you add the first four? I figured out a way to do it, but it's not the way you showed me, so maybe that's why those pictures wouldn't work.

    ReplyDelete