Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The lost week - Days 29 - 39

So...several cliches apply here.  "Time flies when you're having fun" and "so much to do, so little time" are the two that first pop into my head because they're both ridiculously true.  I can't believe how fast time is flying by!  I feel like I never have time to slow down because I'm too busy having fun.  I definitely want to catch up on this blog with what I've been up to for the past week and a half, but it's way too late here to do all that (or early, I suppose, since it's now after midnight).  But at Kristin's insistence, I'm posting this tiny little snippet of a preview about all the things I've done since the last time I posted.  I probably won't get the chance to write anything else until Monday, because...are you ready for this?...I'm going to Spain tomorrow!  I'm going to Bilbao, which is somewhere near northern coast of Spain, to visit my friend and roommate Emily, who is studying there this semester.  Hopefully when I get back I'll have a billion more pictures to share and some time to post them, but for now, here are two of last week's highlights:

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL!  Completely amazing...I think my jaw was on the ground for at least 24 hours after I saw the show Thursday night.  I went with one of my friends, Gabrielle, and the only satisfactory explanation we've been able to find as to how they do some of the acrobatics and tricks that they did is that they simply ask God to suspend the laws of physics and nature for a couple hours every day so that they can rehearse and perform their show.  It was truly unbelievable!


And the other highlight of the week?  Something without which my trip to Bavaria would not be complete - a Dirndl:
 
 We had a Bayernabend party (a Bavarian themed party) last Friday and quite a few people wore Tracht (traditional Bavarian dress - Dirndls for the women and Lederhosen for the men).  It was a lot of fun, and I bought my Dirndl just in time for the festivities.

Lots of other stuff has been going on too - classes, hanging out with friends, trying to squeeze in some sleep - and I'll try to fill in some more of the gap on Monday, but for now I have to finish getting ready to go to Spain tomorrow!

Bye until Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update...love the Dirndl and can't wait to hear all about Spain. Hope you get to go the beach while you are there! Get your toes wet for me!

    ReplyDelete