Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bilbao at night - Day 40

Well, I think the title for this one is pretty self-explanatory...Bilbao at night.  After getting dinner, Emily and I headed back towards the river, where the Guggenheim and Emily's university both were, to get some good views of the city at night.

A view from some steps near the Guggenheim:
 
The building is the university library, but the fountain was the cool part - the colors randomly changed as the water jumped from one side to the other...you can kind of see it in this picture:


Emily's university:


The Guggenheim:

I think I accidentally set my camera on the "aquarium" scene setting, but I really like the way the coloring came out, better than any of the ones I tried to take with normal settings.
 
"Tall Tree and The Eye" again:

The shadow from inside the building took me by surprise at first, but it's from three giant human-shaped figures inside the museum...they didn't actually have giants for security guards, thankfully.

 
Finally, a couple views of the city from the bridge:





We pretty much called it a night after that...it took us about a ten minute walk to get back to the metro station, then another 30 minutes on the metro to get back to Neguri, so by the time we got back to Emily's room it was pretty late and we were both pretty exhausted.  Besides, we had to get our sleep so that we could wake up early-ish on Saturday - we went to the beach and finally got some sun - but more on that later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment