Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hiking at the beach - Day 41

After exploring the main part of the beach at Plentzia, Emily and I got lunch at a little restaurant that was pretty much right on the beach, and then Emily decided she wanted to find out what these stairs led to:


We ended up spending a couple hours hiking (for lack of a better word...it wasn't as strenuous as hiking usually implies) around this little hill/cliff thing that was along the right side of the u-shaped beach.  The pictures don't need too much narration, since they're mostly just views we got of the beach and the ocean:





Emily and me looking cute with our umbrellas:

It rained just a little bit as we got started, but then it cleared up for the rest of the time. 

Most of the path was really easy, but this part made my knees hurt...there wasn't that much room between where Emily was walking and where the cliff dropped off...



...I let her go ahead to see if the path got easier...I don't think it did, so she came back and we found another way to go up. 
 
More great views:







 

The last bit of the path up to the tippy-top:


Emily went a bit ahead of me again...we actually ended up going to the top another way because the path got too narrow again:


Views from the top (or at least as far up as we were able to go...I think it was the top):





On our way back down again:


I love how clear and blue the water looked, even from as high up as we were:




A look at the town and the beach:

Once we made it back down to the bottom, we tried to take a picture of the two of us with the hill in the background, but since I was trying to take the picture myself, they all ended up looking really goofy...so here's a picture of just the hill - imagine that Emily and I are standing in front of it...

1 comment:

  1. The views are stunning! The path was definitely too narrow...my knees are hurting from here! I'm sure the photos don't do reality justice!!! Makes me want to visit Spain!

    ReplyDelete